We render corporate law services ranging from company registrations and memorandum of incorporation (the old “shareholders agreements”) to corporate agreements. Some of our recent corporate law experience includes:
- Advised clients on compliance with competition law as well as advising on the possible actions to be taken against unlawful competitors.
- Drafted and negotiated various agreements of sales of shares, and sales of businesses which agreements made provision for the multiples of problems which are unique to each transaction (such as the various exit options available).
- Lead legal advisors for several mergers and acquisitions, including transactions where the target companies were based in the USA and the United Kingdom.
- Advised on a possible joint venture between a German and American manufacturing concern.
- Advised on the joint venture agreement between two media companies.
- Advised on various corporate issues, such as special resolutions, rights issues, debentures, scrip dividends and the appropriate legal vehicle for the situation at hand.
- Structured various Black Economic Empowerment deals in order to ensure that the deals will contribute towards genuine empowerment and comply with the current and or future charters (as the case may be) and all the accompanying uncertainties.
- Drafted and negotiated various shareholders agreements as well as drafting the now required memorandum of incorporation.
- Registration of companies and trademarks.
- Advised and drafted national franchise agreements which take on a variety of forms, with an emphasis on providing some incentive for the
- Undertook various due diligences on businesses to be acquired.
- Drafted numerous restraint of trade agreements in order to protect businesses interests.
- Advised on Brand Management and assisted various clients in trade mark registrations and maintenance, including protection, thereof.